Saturday, November 01, 2003

HALLOWEEN




It didn't quite go according to plan, but then it never does. My plans were to go to BestBuy and get a DVD as soon as my niece and her kids came over to go trick-or-treating with Josie and our kids. I was going to hand out candy, eat popcorn and candy, drink Iced tea (trying to cut out the Pepsi in my diet), watch my horror movie while trying to fight off the obligatory Halloween boner. Yeah, I really love Halloween that much! So what happened? Well, seeing that the cycle of things breaking down around here isn't quite over yet my brother-in-law Jose came over with Lina and his mother to fix a pipe under the sink that was leaking. I went and got LUCKY WISHBONE  chicken  for the masses, and if you have never had their chicken then your missing out! Garlic toast, chicken, jalapeno peppers and french fries! Good stuff!! My niece didn't come over because they changed their plans, I ended up taking the kids out around the neighborhood until around 8:45 p.m. when Brandon gave up, and made it to Best Buy in time to buy my movie. Everyone here was watching THE RING when I got back and then I ended up making popcorn and watching PBS. NOVA was a two hour special on relativity and string theory and it was really interesting. I fell asleep with about a half hour left in the program and woke up early this morning with a kink in my neck. So, I didn't get the proverbial Halloween boner, I didn't watch my movie, and I still had a good time. Forgot to get pictures of the kids in costume. Miranda was a goth punk chick and Brandon was the HULK.

No comments: