Friday, August 15, 2003

QUOTE OF THE DAY


"No God ever gave any man anything, nor ever answered any prayer at any time, nor ever will."

-- Madalyn Murray O'Hair

Great words of wisdom! Wouldn't it be nice if some fairy tail being came and granted wishes and all of that? The truth is that there never has been any such being nor will there ever be. I've never seen any shred of evidence to support any real gods existence. So to all my Christian friends (yes, they are still my friends) keep on dreaming. But Joe, aren't you a Satanist? Don't you worship fast food the devil? Yes, someone really asked me that. The answer? Uh, no. Guess you've never listened to anything I've said. I don't believe in your devil anymore than I do your god. Yes, I call myself a pagan but I'm not Wiccan or a witch. My belief system is pagan, and I'm a hedonist. I don't subscribe to Satanism (the La Vey brand, not inverted Christianity) because of it's ritualistic and narcissistic nature, but I do share many of the same ideas. I do not subscribe to any religious belief system, period. I'm a human first and last.


No comments: