Friday, August 22, 2003

GIANT THONGS AND DRAG QUEENS


Surreal, that is what tonight was. We had an awards dinner for a medical food service association, or something close to that. Basically all the companies that produce foods and equipment used in hospital food service and so forth. So the whole room was draped with black curtains and special tables were rented that lit up a neon green color. In the corners of the room were these other drapes of some sort. What they looked like was the back end of a thong, only about 20 fee high. I kept stroking the one nearest our exit every time we exited the room. We had to exit during the performance being given by a troop of drag queens from Las Vegas. Seeing that I haven't slept well in over a week and I feel like someone beat the shit out of me I wasn't very interested in watching any of it.


MESS


I got home and the house is a mess. A sink full of dishes, Brandon sleepwalking like a zombie on crack, Miranda trying to explain why the house looked like it did when I told her last night I didn't want to see the house a mess when I got home from my fourth double in four days. Jesus Christ crackers and cheese, is it too much to ask just to have people pick up after themselves? I'm off tomorrow, and if you think I'm going to spend it cleaning a house that was cleaned two days ago by me between shifts while Will (friend from work) watched Star Wars, then you my friend are a fucking loon. Jesus, I feel baked.


No comments: