Thursday, December 18, 2003

I FUCKING ROCK!



Sure, I worked a double shift today. Sure, it was my wedding anniversary and I got off of work early. Yeah, it was the employee holiday party tonight with a d.j. and lots of food and a karaoke contest to boot. What did I do? Dennis came down to the function I was working and said, "Dude, are you still working? You have to get upstairs and sign up for that karaoke contest, they only have two spots left open and you have about five minutes till they close the contest for entries." So I was off of work and headed home, but the whole idea of going upstairs and singing a song in front of over 200 people was just too inviting so I ran upstairs and got second to last spot for the contest. I'm not going to say everybody was lame because that isn't true. But what everyone was doing was staring at the little t.v. screen and singing to the t.v. and not the audience. It was my turn and I had a beer in hand, held it high and said, "Are you ready to rock and roll???" Every body cheered, then Paranoid by Black Sabbath kicked in and the room fucking went wild! I worked the crowed and even had people dancing on the dance floor. One more person sang after me then they called everyone up. They eliminated almost everybody. It was down to three people, two girls and me. They asked the crowd if they liked the first girl? Cheers. They asked if they liked the second girl. Room went wild!! I'm beat, I just knew it. They started chanting her name, Sarah... SarAH... SARAH!!! And then they announced me and the crowed turned on that dirty bitch Sarah and it turned into, JOE... JOE... JOE.... JOE!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I won! And what is so great about all of this? The fact that the General Manager and the Assistant General Manager of the resort were in the room chanting my name and holding up drinks. This is far superior to the time I got employee of the month two years ago out of a possible 500 other employees. That is only 12 people out of 500 for the whole year. No one chanted my name then, I only got a hand shake and lunch for two at the resort bistro. I fucking rocked the mic tonight, don't forget that motherfuckers!!!!

No comments: