Sunday, June 29, 2003

REBEL YELL



Man, lack of sleep and working back to back shifts can really fuck one up! The alarm promptly went off at 5:30 a.m. today and the first thing out of my mouth was the expletive "shit hole!" It was one of those mornings where I couldn't get my bearings and ended up wondering around for a good five minutes before I could bring myself to get into the shower. Once I dressed and got in the car I still felt off kilter. So what does one do to relieve the stress caused by lack of sleep? Primal scream of course, try it sometime because it really works! So here I am traveling down Grant Rd. on Sunday morning with no one else in sight yelling and making noises like a total simpleton. I'm sure my cacophony sounded something like Jerry Lewis getting butt-raped by Mike Tyson during one of those MTV Spring Break specials on the beach. None the less I was suddenly distracted for some odd reason. I had one of those psychic tugs you get now and then. You know, one of those urges to do something for no reason at all. I was compelled to look over to the right for some reason and I don't know why, but low and behold there it was! Quiznos Subs!!! Tucson finally has a Quiznos Sub franchise! I even squealed out loud like some little schoolgirl who just got picked first for kickball. It's the simple things in life, I ain't bullshittin'.


Turds


Miranda kills me! She's been going around saying "scheisse" for months now! So we're watching the movie "The Bourne Identity" the other night and the lady that has hooked up with Matt Damon keeps saying scheisse whenever something goes wrong, so Miranda starts commenting on how she thinks that it is a funny word. I asked her if she knew what it meant. She tells me no, so being the responsible dad that I am proceeded to inform her that scheisse is the German word for shit. Silence and awe. She's funny!

No comments: