Saturday, September 09, 2006

TO SAY THIS IS RETARDED WOULD BE
ACCURATE.........

This is in no way an attempt to make fun of retarded people. I have a nephew who is retarded, friends with downs syndrome kids, and I often have lunch with the mentally handicapped crew that does all the recycling for us at work. In fact, I just about peed myself (a common theme here) two days ago at work because of Ron. Ron is mentally handicapped but is genuinely hilarious! I went to change into a new uniform at work and passed by the bathroom where I could hear Ron in stall #1 giggling on and on. It got quiet, and he says,

"I'm going to hell..........."

Then the laughter started all over again. This process repeated itself a good four or five times while I was dressing. It was one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time, you really would have had to be there to get the gist of it, but I almost couldn't button my pants I was laughing so hard. I would liked to have hung around and ask Ron why he thought that it was so funny, or if someone had told him he was going to hell, but I needed to move on to the next catering function at work. Anyway, the moral of this story is this, if you have a chance, hang out with a mentally handicapped person sometime and get to know them!! They are real people, and you will never find any nicer non-judgmental people like this ever. I enjoy having lunch with these guys, always a treat. Oh, and boy do they know how to ROCK!!!!

METAL AND MENTALLY

No comments: