Monday, September 15, 2008

PINK FLOYD'S RICHARD WRIGHT DEAD AT 65 FROM CANCER


This is a very sad day for me. PINK FLOYD is one of those bands that is in my top five best bands of all time. I'd say only THE BEATLES and HENDRIX are before them in my book. At any rate, I'm glad I caught their reunion on television about five years ago. They were tight, and Roger Waters seemed like he was having the time of his life. Sadly, any chance of another reunion or anything else from PINK FLOYD is pretty much over at this point, unless the three remaining guys get some kind of wild hair up their ass and actually do something. I highly doubt that will ever happen.

I didn't really get into FLOYD until I was about 16 when my uncle Bob gave me a cassette tape of DARK SIDE OF THE MOON. I really only listened the song TIME because it was just such a cool song with the weird intro and then all the weird bells chiming all at once. At any rate, I listened a little more and then more, and then THE WALL came out, and it hooked me even a bit more. I don't think it was until I started listening to all the old stuff that I really became a fan. I love the Syd Barrett stuff. Anyway, it's a sad day in rock and roll history.

No comments: