Friday, September 10, 2004

3 YEARS LATER...



And who stood to get rich over all this? Posted by Hello

It was three years ago today that I woke up to my alarm clock and a very distraught looking Miranda. I had told her the night before that I needed sleep because I had been working so much and that I didn't care what happen she was informed not to wake me up, under any circumstances. "You had better come an see what's happening on t.v. dad, I think something blew up." I couldn't focus very well, I had only had about six hours of sleep and I was very groggy. "What the fuck is this?" I thought to myself as I looked at the first tower smoking. "Holy Shit! They must  have bombed the World Trade Center again!" I said out loud. Then another angle showed the second tower along with the first, both smoking. "Holy Fuck! They bombed both buildings!" I exclaimed putting my hand over my mouth and kind of not believing anything I was seeing. Then they started playing another tape of the second plain hitting the second tower. I sat down and must have said the words FUCK and HOLY SHIT over and over. I remember telling the kids how bad this was, how this was going to affect the economy. In a haze I remember getting Miranda to school and Brandon to Tia Lina's house because he hadn't started school quite yet. Then getting to work and seeing the horrified faces not just of my fellow co-workers but also of the guest we had sitting in the ballroom watching the news on big screen televisions that were set up for presentations of new technologies, not mass mayhem and destruction. Awe and disbelief covered the faces of the many people sitting there staring while others wept and tried to make phone calls on the cellular phones. I was given the option of going home but chose to stay and try and feed the few clients that had shown up to be fed. I remember thinking to myself, and even telling a few people that this was the best day of Gary Condit's life. He had been the focus of the media and they were relentless. I think I called it when I said nobody would even remember his name after that day. There were a lot of rumors floating around on the news, a lot of confusion, I knew I wouldn't be sleeping much that night. I stayed up most of the night and laid on the sofa all the next day totally in shock. Three years later and I know a few things about our President that doesn't sit well with me. I'm sickened by it to tell you the truth. I'm going to spend the majority of the day watching memorial shows and then later at work I'll be feeding the crew that is setting up a show for a big name car company that is in house that I won't mention, but I will say they make high end automobiles and it starts with the letter V. It's going to be a busy week. Oh, and one last thing (tangent), are you going to be surprised when they wheel out Bin Laden right before the election and pretend that he has just been caught? Call it another prediction.

No comments: