Sunday, August 20, 2006

ROMANS 1:17-23


I'M NOT A CROOK!!!

You all know I'm not a Christian, but I had to post this from the bible as it's been at the back of my mind for some time recently. Just something Christians do on a regular basis about the same god the seem to have faith in. I personally feel "their god" is nothing more than ego masterbation. When speaking about "god" the are merely projecting their ego, not a real god. Their god is such a weak concept, taking on too many aspects of humans. He (their god) even speaks about this in their own text:

ROMANS 1:17-23

17 For in it is revealed God's righteousness from faith to faith. As it is written, "But the righteous shall live by faith."

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

19 because that which is known of God is revealed in them, for God revealed it to them.

20 For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse.

21 Because, knowing God, they didn't glorify him as God, neither gave thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 and traded the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed animals, and creeping things.

When I was a Christian, I took this as YHWH saying, "Hey, I'm not a human, and you morons with no clue are worshiping a human, not a god!" I guess having faith exists outside of modern religions, not just Christianity. It's easier to fixate on a "graven image" with limits as apposed to a higher power that may have little or nothing to do with divinity. It's only my opinion, there is no set truth.

That brings me to this:

Synthesis : Music : Never Trust a Hippy : NOFX : Logic is a Threat : NOFX’s Fat Mike Explains Why We’ve Been Searched and Seized

God I love this guy!!!!

No comments: